Les lois concernant l'immigration du Québec

Immigration Appeals

with DJP Quebec Immigration Services

Once you have applied for immigration to Canada, your application can be refused for various reasons. In this situation, you will need to submit an immigration appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB). This may differ depending on your situation and the reason it was refused.

Sponsorship Appeals

If you are a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen and have sponsored a family member whose application for permanent residence has been refused, you have 30 days after receiving the refusal letter to appeal the decision. Legal assistance may be required.

Appealing a Removal Order

Any permanent resident, refugee or foreign national who has a permanent resident visa and whose status has been revoked and who is at risk of deportation can appeal to the IAD to explain why they must remain in the country.

Residency Obligation Appeals

If you are a permanent resident and have lost your status for reasons of prolonged absence from Canadian territory; that is, 730 days over a period of 5 years, you can also file an immigration appeal. You will have 60 days after the date of refusal to file the appeal with the IAD.

In Quebec — Administrative Review

The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration can perform an administrative review of your file and refuse your application for a Québec Selection Certificate (QSC) or a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ). This refusal may be due to a legal error, an omission, a misinterpretation of the facts, or a calculation or writing mistake. In this case, you can request a reassessment of your immigration application.

Filing an immigration appeal is a very delicate process that requires a thorough analysis of your situation, strong arguments and effective advice. Our immigration consultants can be extremely helpful in this situation. Contact us today to make an appointment and prepare your immigration appeal.