Des visiteurs au Canada qui contemple la ville de Montréal

Visitor Visa

with DJP Quebec Immigration Services

Would you like to come to study, work or simply visit Canada as a tourist?

You will certainly need a visitor visa, which is more commonly known as a temporary resident visa (TRV).

Except for Canadian citizens and permanent residents, all citizens of foreign countries subject to the visa requirement need an authorization to enter Canada as visitors for a maximum stay of six months.

If you need to extend your stay or plan to stay in Canada for more than six months, you must ask for a visitor record.

You should note that obtaining a TRV does not necessarily mean that you will be admitted to Canada. When you arrive at the border, it is crucial to demonstrate that the purpose of your visit is temporary in nature. You will also need to be able to demonstrate your ability to support yourself during your planned temporary stay in Canada. If in doubt, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada officer can deny you entry into the country.

Other constraints, such as a criminal record or medical problems, may also prevent you from entering Canada. Contact one of our consultants. He or she will be happy to inform you about the admission requirements and carry out the steps to obtain the necessary documents from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Visa-Exempt Countries

Citizens of some countries, mostly OECD members and the European Union, are exempt from visitor visas and must have an electronic travel authorization (eTA). Do not hesitate to call us to check whether your country is on the exemption list and whether you meet the admission requirements. We will also take care of obtaining your eTA, if necessary.

Foreign Students and Workers

When you apply for a study permit or work permit for the first time, you do not have to apply for a TRV; it will be assigned to you automatically when your permit application is approved.

The maximum period for temporary foreign workers and students varies. It is determined on a case-by-case basis.


Due to security measures imposed in response to the COVID-19 health crisis, Canada has made significant changes to visa application processes.

Only those who are exempt from travel restrictions or those visiting for essential purposes are allowed to enter the country.

Call us at 514 239-1287 and learn more about this issue.